Sunday 2 September 2012

Stage name wanted.....

Sting, Bono, The Edge and Elton John all have something in common. What is it?

They are great singers? That is true - they are. But the thing they have in common is they all use stage names rather than their own names.
None of us can choose our parents and therefore we cant choose our given names either. Sometimes the name is such that people fixate over the name rather than the music or it just creates a stereotype of what the music is going to be like.
From the beginning of my YouTube and SoundCloud adventure I decided not to use my full name mainly because there are too many Zs and people can never pronounce it anyway so what would be the point?  So my initial venture this year was based on my initials mpdc2 and  was given to me about 4 years ago so I simply used that. Then I became Mpdctwo but it still a mouthful to pronounce and instantly forgettable.

How do I find a cool name that sounds like a stage name but is not stupid or can be turned against me?

No comments:

Post a Comment